Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libvtkCommonJava.so.5.2 needed by debian/libvtkgdcm-java/usr/lib/jni/libvtkgdcmJava.so (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:45 AM, Denis Barbier<bouzim@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>>   I do not quite understand how to fix the following issue:
>>
>> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libvtkCommonJava.so.5.2
>> needed by debian/libvtkgdcm-java/usr/lib/jni/libvtkgdcmJava.so (ELF
>> format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
>>
>>   The libvtkgdcm-java used to work well, but since debian bug #533198,
>> the libvtk-java libraries are now located in /usr/lib/jni. Could
>> someone please let me know how to fix this dpkg-shlibdeps issue.
>>   According to the documentation I cannot touch LD_LIBRARY_PATH since
>> vtkvtkCommonJava.so.5.2 is not a private lib (it is installed by vtk
>> package)
>
> IMHO you can alter LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  But I wonder whether it would
> be better to simply not run dpkg-shlibdeps for JNI libraries, it seems
> pretty useless to generate shlibs files since no program or library will be
> linked against them.

GDCM is a C++ project where I subclass some class from VTK in multiple
target languages, in particular java. Thus I have a java 'glue lib' :

$ dpkg -L libvtkgdcm-java
$ ldd /usr/lib/jni/libvtkgdcmJava.so
	libvtkCommonJava.so.5.2 => not found
	libvtkIOJava.so.5.2 => not found
	libvtkImagingJava.so.5.2 => not found
	libvtkRenderingJava.so.5.2 => not found

Thus I believe dpkg-shlibdeps should be run, right ?

What do you mean by altering 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH', if I explicitly export
this var, I get some bizarre FTBS due to LD_PRELOAD problem...

Thanks,
--
Mathieu