Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libvtkCommonJava.so.5.2 needed by debian/libvtkgdcm-java/usr/lib/jni/libvtkgdcmJava.so (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').

Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>   I do not quite understand how to fix the following issue:
>
> dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libvtkCommonJava.so.5.2
> needed by debian/libvtkgdcm-java/usr/lib/jni/libvtkgdcmJava.so (ELF
> format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '').
>
>   The libvtkgdcm-java used to work well, but since debian bug #533198,
> the libvtk-java libraries are now located in /usr/lib/jni. Could
> someone please let me know how to fix this dpkg-shlibdeps issue.
>   According to the documentation I cannot touch LD_LIBRARY_PATH since
> vtkvtkCommonJava.so.5.2 is not a private lib (it is installed by vtk
> package)

IMHO you can alter LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  But I wonder whether it would
be better to simply not run dpkg-shlibdeps for JNI libraries, it seems
pretty useless to generate shlibs files since no program or library will be
linked against them.

Denis