RFS: libmx4j-java (updated package)

Hi Varun,

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 23:30:20 Varun Hiremath wrote:
> Hi Damien,
>
> On Tue, 10 Mar, 2009 at 12:13:49AM +0100, Damien Raude-Morvan wrote:
> > Dear mentors,
> >
> > I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 3.0.2-5
> > of package "libmx4j-java" :
>
> Looks good. Uploaded.

It's time for my first "brown paper bag release" ;(

libmx4j-java 3.0.2-5 won't build |1] because I've made two mistakes :

- I've moved some java libraries from B-D to B-D-I without thinking this
particular package have an architecture-dependent package (libmx4j-java-gcj).
To build this package, we rebuild a JAR file then dh_nativejava in the "build"
target of debian/rules so we need to keep all this libs in B-D.
A pbuilder env. auto install B-D *and* B-D-I so I haven't seen this when
building locally. I'm currently setting up a local sbuild...

- openjdk-6-jdk is not available on m68k and s390 wheras java-gcj-compat is.
libmx4j-java is a dependency of java-gcj-compat-headless which in turn is a
dependency of java-gcj-compat-dev | default-jdk-builddep.
So with this 3.0.2-5 upload, java-gcj-compat-dev or default-jdk-builddep were
uninstallable on those arch because of a missing openjdk-6-jdk.

I'm really sorry for all this garbage. I hope someone will sponsor my new
3.0.2-6 soon to revert this nasty issues.

Here is the changelog for 3.0.2-6 (available here [2]) :
  * First "brown paper bag release"!
  * Revert usage of openjdk-6-jdk (not available on all arch)
    - reapply mx4j-no-iiop.patch to disable IIOP
    - remove Depends on openjdk-6-jdk
    - use /usr/lib/jvm/default-java as JAVA_HOME
    - restore previous README entry about IIOP
  * Revert move of all java libraries to B-D-I
    and restore usage of B-D:
    - we need to build JAR for architecture-dependent -gcj package

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=libmx4j-java
[2] svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-java/trunk/libmx4j-java
[2'] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/libmx4j-java/libmx4j-
java_3.0.2-6.dsc

Regards,
--