Re: java bytecode / java runtime version mismatch

  Hello,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Matthias Klose <doko@cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> I filed bug reports for packages building with openjdk-6 or cacao-oj6,
> producing java bytecode for version 50, and which still depend on
> java-runtime5, or earlier (attached at the end).

  Hmmm... Don't you find a little excessive mass-filing around 30
serious bug reports without even a single mail here ? Did you contact
debian-release beforehand ? Did they agree ?

> For lenny+1, when using openjdk/cacao as the default, there will be a
> lot more of these mismatches (I fixed about 30 packages in the
> pkg-java repo), so maybe a lintian check for this kind of mismatch
> would be nice.

  Maybe it could have waited for lenny to be released, or is there
currently a serious problem in all the packages against which you
filed RC bugs ? (I know for sure there were at least 2 false
positive).

  I nevertheless agree with the problems raised here, I just don't
like the idea to add 30 serious bug reports without previous
discussion when we are frozen.

  Cheers

      Vincent