Java Policy [Was: java bytecode / java runtime version mismatch]

Le mardi 28 octobre 2008 à 13:40 +0100, Eric Lavarde - Debian a écrit :

> Wouldn't it make sense to "police" this? i.e. to state that all packages
> should be explicitly compiled with 1.5 source/target unless they use 6's
> features?
It is a good idea. Some information are missing in the current Java
Policy.

A few others things:
* use java-wrappers should be recommended when it is possible
* having OpenJDK in Debian changes things

I am not sure how hard it would be but lintian should be updated to
handle Java libraries/applications.
For now, I have the feeling that Lintian not doing much with Java.

Sylvestre