Java Help on Debian

Alright, I'm going to try and make this as short and neat as possible without too much unneeded rabble >_>

Okay, so the root of the problem is that I'm running a server for a game, and I need to somehow get it working on Linux.

I've already set it up on Windows since ages ago, so I mostly know how it works in Windows. Hopefully some Linux pros can help me make the transition from Windows to Linux here >_>

Okay, so the server I'm trying to run is a Maplestory server (don't flame. ><) In windows, I installed JRE and JDK - and then placed the needed .JAR files in the following directories;

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_07\jre\lib\ext
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext

As well as in the server files, at /MapleServer/trunk/dist

The names of the files are...
odinms.jar (this is just the server jar file)
xttools.jar
mina-core.jar
jpcap.jar
mysql-connector-java-bin.jar
slf4j-api
slf4j-jdk14

I have to place all of the above files in the 4 locations...
and the server is launched by opening .bat files on Windows - but I have .sh files for them on Linux. Trouble is, there seems to be no jre6, jre1.6.0_07 or jdk1.6.0_07 folders. Where are they? Do I have to download and install them, or what? Anyways, I don't know, so the .JARs were only in the /MapleServer/trunk/dist folder. And when I try and execute launch_server.sh ...

Quote:
quasar@shadow:~/DestinyMS/trunk$ ./launch_world.sh
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory
at net.sf.odinms.net.world.WorldServer.<clinit>(World Server.java:51)
Googling it, apparently it's because the paths aren't right but how do I set the paths? The tiny bits of info I got from asking some people was that 'you don't need to put the JAR files in the java files in Linux it's automatic' but I guess it's not true.

So... HELP PLEASE?!?!?!?!?

Sign up for the Hotmail Road Trip today. Your dream beach house escape for summer!