Re: For those who care about batik

  Hello,

Sylvestre Ledru wrote:
> Le vendredi 19 septembre 2008 à 20:57 +0200, Sylvestre Ledru a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>>> As a side note, fop upstream recommend [1] using batik version which come with
>>> theirs tarballs : batik 1.6 with FOP 0.94 and batik 1.7 with FOP 0.95
>> About fop, I just committed into the SVN the stuff for the version 0.95
>> with the accord of Arnaud Vandyck.
>> I just need someone to upload it for me. ;)
> Please, can someone upload for me the updated version of FOP ?
> I am just DM for now and therefor needs someone to do it for me.
>
> It is available here:
> For the compiled version: http://sylvestre.ledru.info/debian/fop/
> or
> svn://svn.debian.org/pkg-java/trunk/fop

  I'm just wondering about some points: I seem to recall that the point
of getting an updated version was that older versions seemed to work
less well with newer batik. Then, shouldn't fop tighten dependencies on
batik 1.7 ? If then, we should upload to experimental, and it would
probably be worth to see if we can move it to main. In particular, does
it work fine with openjdk -- or with other free java implementations (I
doubt that, as batik does not work really well with non-Sun stuff)?

  Could you check all that, please ?

  In addition, the debian/copyright file needs updating: most of the
files are Apache 2.0 (and not 1.1), but some files are public domain.
You might also want to make it a little more clear how the .dfsg archive
was made... (debian/README.debian only says about 0.94.dfsg, not the
0.95 version !).

  BTW, it probably would be worth trying to adapt fop.sh and
fop-ttfreader.sh to the java-wrappers stuff, in order to offer a more
consistent interface with batik and other programs too - but I can do
that, since I wrote java-wrappers, after all ;-)...

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

His followers called him Mahasamatman and said he was a god. He
preferred to drop the Maha- and the -atman, however, and called
himself Sam.
 -- Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light

Vincent, listening to Stairway To Heaven (Led Zeppelin)