Re: Proper way to specify Java build-dep

Adam C Powell IV writes:
> On Mon, 2008-05-05 at 16:58 +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
> > On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 10:23:41AM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > My package babel recently closed bug 477845 by changing a build
> > > dependency from java-gcj-compat to default-jdk-builddep.  Unfortunately,
> > > this made it FTBFS on hppa, s390, arm and alpha, where before it built
> > > everywhere except arm.
> > >
> > > What is the right thing to do in this situation?  Do I exclude those
> > > architectures from the package build list?  Is there a "java-works"
> > > architecture variable which will automatically add arches as their java
> > > implementations work?
> > >
> > > [Please CC me in replies.]
> >
> > These arches currently dont work, rigth. I"m testing a solution for
> > this. In general just B-D on default-jdk-builddep is okay.

it is only correct if your package doesn't build other architecture
dependent packages, which is not the case for babel.

the build failure on s390 is unexpected; is it possible to extract a
test case?

> Just curious, what will happen regarding testing transitions in the
> meantime?  And long-term, can I assume that the package will build and
> transition as soon as the infrastructure is in place, without another
> upload?

the infrastructure is in place; the packages can move to testing once
the hppa, arm and alph binaries are not in unstable anymore.

  Matthias