Eclipse packages status

Hello,

this email summarizes Eclipse current status. A work is in progress to
update existing packages. These are must-have.

Besides these, that are a lot of others packages that could be
packaged. Some of them are available in Fedora already[8]. Fedora
people have developped Eclipse packaging tools[0] that could be useful
to Debian. We need help here. For some language specific plugins (e.g.
PHP, Fortran) the packaging effort could be shared with the dedicated
team.

Also I wonder whether it would be feasible to use Eclipse
plugins metainformation to automate part of the Debian packaging
effort.

= current Debian version (upstream version) =

  * eclipse 3.2.2 (3.3.2)
  * eclipse-cdt 3.1.2 (4.0.3)
  * eclipse-pydev 1.2.5 (1.3.15)

  latest cdt and pydev depend on eclipse (>= 3.3).

= packages available on SVN =

  The following packages were never uploaded, and possibly need review
  and/or update:

  * eclipse-ve
  * eclipse-emf
  * eclipse-gef