Re: Java 6 Install problems

Hi

Whilst I can see that being unable to install sun-java6 from sid is
annoying, you should be able to work around it easily enough.

Depending on your exact requirements you could either install sun-java5 or
install 6-00-2 from testing, or grab 6-04-2 from
http://snapshot.debian.net/sun-java6.

If you really need 6-05 you could build it yourself or try
http://packages.ubuntu.com/sun-java6. (For most packages I wouldn't
recommend installing Ubuntu versions on Debian, but you could probably get
away with it for sun-java packages.

Cheers
Andrew

ps.  No need to cc me.  I am subscribed to debian-java.