Re: Where do you install local (not packaged) java libraries (.jar files)?

Hi Javier,

a slightly off-topic question you have here...

Javier Barroso said:
> Hi,
>
> We have jar files that not appears in any debian package. I'm thinking
> where coul I put it.
>
> Is /usr/local/share/java the location that I am searching ?
The Java Policy doesn't say anything about this, but it's also the place I
chose as I faced the same question.

> Where can I configure the classpath to make java search there ?
It's application dependent, can't be answered in a generic manner. In a
nutshell, you need either to define the CLASSPATH environment variable or
to make sure java is called with the right -cp statement.

> I read java debian policy, java debian faq, and I search on this list,
> but I couldn't find anything about this (I'm not java expert, as you can
> read here)
It's not topic of those documents, which are about packaged java
applications.

Eric

PS: no need to cc me, I'm on the list!

--
Eric de France, d'Allemagne et de Navarre