Re: RFS: various packages

On Wed May 30 00:00, Paul Cager wrote:

> 1)  There was recently a mass rebuild of the Debian archive to check
> that packages did not leave cruft behind after a "clean". This involved
> calling "debuild" twice. It looks as though your package would fail this
> test (as did one of mine, bug #424089). I think you just need to delete
> the doc directory.

ah, damn, that's an upstream-forgot-to-add-to-make-clean bug. Fixed.

> 2)  I'm not sure if you have seen the proposed new Java policy
> (http://wiki.debian.org/Java/Draft)? It suggests that "java libraries
> must not depend on any runtime".

Ah, I had not. I shall look, digest, comment on them and update my
packages.

> 3)  when I try building it I get:
> 	java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	   at
> gnu.classpath.tools.doclets.htmldoclet.HtmlDoclet.printClassPage(javadoc)

This is, indeed, a gjdoc problem.

> I'm not sure what's causing this (and it doesn't cause the build to
> fail). Does it happen when you build it? I would guess this is an error
> in gjdoc, possibly provoked by something a bit odd in your code. Is it
> because your Debug.FilterCommand interface is marked as "static"?
>
> 4)  Lintian warning (Probably related to the previous point): W:
> libmatthew-java-doc: zero-byte-file-in-doc-directory
> usr/share/doc/libmatthew-java-doc/api/cx/ath/matthew/debug/Debug.FilterCommand.html

yeah, I'm not sure what to do about this. I think it builds fine in
Sun's javadoc. I should probably file a bug.

> 5)  Your binary packages do not have any "Section". I think the Javadocs
> should be in Section: doc.

Good point

> 6)  The "-doc" package "Recommends" the other packages. I've normally
> used the weaker "Suggests" for this relationship, but I'm not sure which
> is right. Maybe someone else can comment?
>
> Lastly, I meant to mention in my previous email (but forgot): I use your
> Java CGI library on one of my systems, so thanks very much for writing it!

Thanks! I'm always happy to know my stuff is being used. I keep finding
out people are doing so without having got in touch; which presumably
means it's all perfect since they haven't filed any bugs (-;

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson