Java policy and ABI changes

Hi,

I have a java library package, called libmozillainterfaces-java, that is
provided by xulrunner. I'm currently working on a new upstream release
of xulrunner which changed the java interfaces: some interfaces changed
namespaces, so you have to do changes to your source code, and xpcom
initialization is not handled the same way (you have to initialize the
Mozilla instance before initializing xpcom).

Which means classes built with the older version won't build nor run
as is with the newer version.

What should be done in such case, package-wise ? Change name ? Change
jar name ? Both ? Other ?

Also note that for the moment it is not very widely used, and it has no
reverse dependencies. So it may be fine to leave it alone, but I would
also like to know what to do if it happens again when it becomes used by
eclipse, for example.

Cheers,

Mike

PS: Please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed.