Re: A Java Packaging Wishlist

On 5/22/07, manfred@mosabuam.com <manfred@mosabuam.com> wrote:
Quoting Arnaud Vandyck <avandyck@gmail.com>:
> On 5/22/07, manfred@mosabuam.com <manfred@mosabuam.com> wrote:
>> - Support Maven builds
> We must first have maven in main!.. That's not so easy ;-)
I know. But work is being done on that. We might as well plan towards
harnessing the power we gain as soon as it is in and we are able to
use it.

You are right...

In the meantime Michael Koch provides a binary maven package that can
be used for developing these features.

His work couldn't be used for that at the moment because the maven
binary package will never reach 'main' as is. And we can't relay on
contrib or non-free package to build all our packages.

Anyway, it's a cool idea.

--
Arnaud Vandyck