Re: A Java Packaging Wishlist

Quoting Arnaud Vandyck <avandyck@gmail.com>:

On 5/22/07, manfred@mosabuam.com <manfred@mosabuam.com> wrote:
I will some more:

- Support Maven builds and be able to read dependencies from the maven
pom.xml file and translate them to the debian control file entries for
dependencies and run dependencies.

We must first have maven in main!.. That's not so easy ;-)

I know. But work is being done on that. We might as well plan towards harnessing the power we gain as soon as it is in and we are able to use it.

In the meantime Michael Koch provides a binary maven package that can be used for developing these features.

manfred