Re: looking for a mentor/advocate for jedit.deb

Alan,

If you haven't already seen it, you might want to have a look at
http://www.uk.debian.org/devel/wnpp/, which describes the usual way to
get a package into Debian. If you need help with raising the bug please
shout!

I'm afraid I do not use JEdit myself. What sort of Java runtime does it
require? In particular, does it require Swing?

I am working on 4.3pre9, which requires a Java 1.5 runtime.
It also uses Swing.

I've seen the ".deb" on your site. Are the package sources (.dsc,
.diff.gz and .orig.tar.gz) available for download anywhere?

We don't have .dsc files, .diff.gz files or .orig.tar.gz files yet.
For 4.3pre9, we use this:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=588&package_id=3753

And the source tarball is this:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/jedit/jedit4.3pre9source.tar.bz2?use_mirror=easynews

Currently, there is no process in place to generate the .diff.tar.gz but I guess it isn't too hard to add such a thing with the help of svn.

Attaching the "control" file to this message.