Re: Friendly reminder: the Vcs-Browser field is now official

Varun Hiremath wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Tue, 30 Oct, 2007 at 08:05:21AM +0100, Michael Koch wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 12:09:39AM +0000, Paul Cager wrote:
>>> Regarding the email below, how about an automated mass update of the
>>> pkg-java trunk to convert the old XS-Vcs entries into new Vcs ones? Or
>>> possibly even add in missing ones. That way packages would be "fixed"
>>> when they are next uploaded.
>> And fix the packages with the wrong field name (Browser vs. Browse).
>>
>>> Terrible idea?
>> No. I think this is very good testcase for more mass changes in
>> pkg-java. One issue that might come up is how to track which packages in
>> SVN have changes not in the Debian archive yet. How can we
>> (automatically) check for this?
>
> Do you know about svnbuildstat.d.o? Look at these pages:
>
> http://svnbuildstat.debian.net/packages/list/17
> http://svnbuildstat.debian.net/packages/list/konqueror@gmx.de
>
> Regards
> Varun

I'm just wondering how reliable that page is. I'll check it more
thoroughly tonight, but it looks like there are a few false positives on
http://svnbuildstat.debian.net/packages/list/paul-debian@home.paulcager.org

The other automatic checks I would like to see are:

  * is the source in the Debian archive *newer* than svn trunk? (i.e. we
have forgotten to commit to SVN).

  * have we forgotten to tag a release?

I've not investigated if svnbuildstat.d.n provides this information.

Thanks,
Paul