Re: Maven in Debian [was: Re: Reg. Apache Excalibur]

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 12:56:47PM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
> On 8/24/07, Trygve Laugst?l <trygvis@inamo.no> wrote:
> [...]
> > The strategy that I'm fairly sure that has to be followed is to use
> > Michael's package to rebuild the plugins and once a full set of plugins
> > is built Maven can be rebuilt with itself.
>
> The maven package from Paul works for me and could enter the archive
> when it'll be cleaned.
>
> Maven needs plugins that need to be built by maven is not an ideal solution :'(

Well, I am dumbfounded by what we'll require to do. It starts with
this: I want to package Cocoon, for which I want to packaeg Excalibur,
for which I need to package an open JMS implementation, for which I
need maven; to build it! Phew!

So, I want to first help out on testing maven, wherein we can prevent
downloading a huge number of plugins. I also want people to suggest a
means to get a free JMS implementation. I'll try looking at Joram over
the weekend, but suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah