Re: java dependency substvars and native compilation

On 5/11/07, Matthew Johnson <debian@matthew.ath.cx> wrote:
On Fri May 11 07:19, Michael Koch wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:11:27PM +0100, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> > OK, so as an alternative, I have a version which reads the Class-Path:
> > variable from the jar.
> Setting the Class-Path attribute in the manifest only makes sense for
> applications. It doesn't makes sense for libraries. The problem is that
> the VM only uses the Class-Path attribute when you execute
It also makes sense for libraries; Java recursively adds the classpath,
so a library which depended on other libraries would have one so that
applications don't have to guess what libraries their libraries may use.

This is true if the application is launched with java -jar myapp.jar.

Any way, setting Class-Path property in the MANIFEST file is a very good idea.

--
Arnaud Vandyck