Re: [Debian Wiki] Update of "Java" by HenningSprang

Michael Koch wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 12:28:09PM +0200, Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>> Am I missing something? Isn't Sun's Java 6 in Debian still in non-free?!
> It is. And it will never move to main. Someone should revert this change
> to old text which is more clear, IMO.

Please look at the Wiki page the edited sentence described, first.

The link this sentence is describing is not about Java 6 in particular,
and the link to NonFree was broken, so I removed it, and made the
sentence  more generic.

The OpenJDK the linked page is describing will not be in non-free for a
very long time, I guess, but in contrib, I guess?

It might a different case with a binary distribution of suns jdk (will
that be available as deb in parallell toi the really gpl free jdk?)

Tell me what you think and I'll change it to fit your tastes -
currently, saying "it is in Debian" is not exactly wrong.

Henning