Re: Sun's OpenJDK in Debian?

Jens Seidel wrote:
> I'm surprised that this wasn't discussed already in the past on this list
> (or in the BTS of some important java packages), but what is the status
> of Sun's Java architecture in Debian?
>
> It is licensed under GPL2 and should be compatible with DFSG.

As previously discussed we are quite keen on getting OpenJDK into Debian.
Getting a complete and fully functional OpenJDK into Debian, Fedora
and other major Linux distributions is one of my top priorities.

The IcedTea project is an great step in this direction to help
close the remaining binary encumbrances.

Regards,

--Tom