Re: Changing policy for the Maintainer field

[Marcus Better]
> I suggest we adopt the same scheme used by the Perl team [1]:
>   Maintainer = the main _person_ responsible for the package
>   Uploaders = the team mailing list + members who actually care for the
>     package (who have touched it in the past, for example).

I believe this is a bad idea, because only the maintainer get the bug
reports by default, and I believe the entire team should get a message
when new bugs arrive.

In the Debian Boot team, the packages are group maintained with the
uploaders as the persons taking most care of the packages.  I believe
this work very well.  If group maintainence do not work properly, I
believe it need to be fixed in the group.  I doubt shuffling fields in
the control file will fix the problem.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen