Re: jogl

Hi,

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 11:35 +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > And AFAIK some problems occur with the free-java stack. But I don't
> > know the current status.
>
> A prebuilt version of jogl was used successfully with worldwind2d,
> classpath and jamvm more than 6 months ago, so I believe jogl should
> work just fine with the free java stack.  See
> <URL:http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/index.php?p=156> for a screen
> shot.  Of course, something might have broke since then. :)

And at least the image color handling should be fixed now. Apparently
that bridge wasn't blue after all :)

It is a good idea to try to make this work with the free stack. We will
try to work with Sun on their OpenJDK effort. But one of the prominent
pieces which they might not be able to release is the graphics
rasterizer. So making sure things like WW2D works with GNU Classpath now
will help us see whether or not we can plug in our graphics pipeline
(based on cairo) when their code becomes available.

Thanks,

Mark