Re: jogl

[Stephan Michels]
> No sponsor was interested.

Or the right person was not asked for sponsoring. :)

I am interested in sponsoring jogl, as jogl is a dependency on
worldwind2d, a java package I wish to have in Debian.

My sponsoring preferences are available from
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/~pere/debian-sponsoring.html>.

> And AFAIK some problems occur with the free-java stack. But I don't
> know the current status.

A prebuilt version of jogl was used successfully with worldwind2d,
classpath and jamvm more than 6 months ago, so I believe jogl should
work just fine with the free java stack.  See
<URL:http://gnu.wildebeest.org/diary/index.php?p=156> for a screen
shot.  Of course, something might have broke since then. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen