Re: JNotify

Eric@Lavar.de wrote:

> > (assume mainT guide) Well, the example is a program, but it's not really
> > different from a library in terms of packaging. Or!?

I think you are pretty much right, except I`ll have to learn about the
appropriate way to install a lib (where the shared object goes etc).

> > Not sure you're correct here, could you explain what you mean?

I was reffering to the source tar.gz

> > Preparing the source is the first step.

> > Yes. Only keep the non-binary parts, Java packages tend to contain the jar
> > libraries they depend on, you need to remove them and depend on the
> > corresponding Java packages (if they're already in Debian, else you need
> > to package them as well). If applicable in your case, I like to create a
> > shell script which exports the CVS/SVN tree, removes everything not needed
> > and create the .tar.gz. I then put it in my 'debian' directory, allowing
> > others to recreate the sources from scratch.

Okay.. this part is done, I fixed my ant build to spit a tar.gz with the
required files.
since my library does not depend on anything, it was pretty straight
forward.

I`ll get back to the new maint guide soon.

thanks.