ITP TagSoup - library or application.

Hi,

I am attempting to package[1] TagSoup[2] and have a question. TagSoup is primarily a library JAR, but it _does_ have a main method and can be used as a standalone program. My question is: should I package it as a library Jar, or as a library Jar + application?

a) From the author's documentation, I think the "normal" case is to use the Jar as a library from within another program; running it directly as a command seems to be a less-important use.

b) The author's documentation describes starting it as a program by using "java -jar tagsoup.jar".

c) The author has supplied a tagsoup(1) manpage, but again this uses the "java -jar" syntax.

All of this suggests to me that I should simply install the Jar, and not create a "/usr/bin/tagsoup" script; is this right?

Thanks,
Paul

[1]   http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=359170
[2]   http://home.ccil.org/~cowan/XML/tagsoup/