Re: Missing .jinfo files (Was: Re: Switching between different JDK implementations (Debian alternative system & Java))

Holger Rauch wrote:
> But invoking "update-java-alternatives -l" as root gives me:
>
> awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file /usr/lib/jvm/*.jinfo' for reading
> (No such file or directory)
>
> The directry "jvm" doesn't exist at all in /usr/lib. Where do those .jinfo
> files come from?
>
> I've installed the Sun JDKs the usual way by calling make-jpkg in the
> downloaded binary (.bin) files and then I've installed the resulting .deb
> file using "dpkg -i".

That's because the new "usual" way is here:
https://jdk-distros.dev.java.net/debian.html

Please note, however that sun-java5 was just migrated to "testing"
so the "-t unstable" should no longer be required.

HTH,

--Tom

Tom.Marble@sun.com
Senior Java Performance Engineer                       Sun Microsystems, Inc.
http://blogs.sun.com/tmarble                What do you want from Java Libre?