Missing .jinfo files (Was: Re: Switching between different JDK implementations (Debian alternative system & Java))

Hi Tom,

thanks for your quick reply!

But invoking "update-java-alternatives -l" as root gives me:

awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file /usr/lib/jvm/*.jinfo' for reading
(No such file or directory)

The directry "jvm" doesn't exist at all in /usr/lib. Where do those .jinfo
files come from?

I've installed the Sun JDKs the usual way by calling make-jpkg in the
downloaded binary (.bin) files and then I've installed the resulting .deb
file using "dpkg -i".

Any hints? TIA.

Kind regards,

	Holger