Re: Netbeans...

Redefined Horizons wrote:
> Is anybody using NetBeans for Java development on Debian, or is
> everyone using Eclipse?
Not *everyone* uses Eclipse ! ;-)

> Is anyone working on a Debian package for
> Netbeans?
>
> If no one is working on one and I try to put one together, will
> someone on the list be willing to sponsor the package?
>
> If someone is alreeady wokring on a NetBeans package I'd be interested
> in helping if there willing to teach me a little about Debian
> packaging! (I've already downloaded the packaging documentation, but I
> have yet to build a package.)
We have thought about this quite a great deal.  Part of the
complexity is in the many third party components that need
to be integrated as a result.  The NetBeans packaging for Debian
will likely be rather involved.

I appreciate your offer and will keep the list informed
as to the status of this.  One of the first steps I need to work on
is understanding the disposition of the CDDL license with debian-legal.

Regards,

--Tom