Re: libgcj-dev build dependency for plplot

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:47:56AM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> [Please, Cc: to me since I am not subscribed to debian-java.]
>
> The autobuilders are failing to build the plplot package because the
> build-dependencies on java are not correct.  I have:
>
>     Build-Depends: [...]
>       libgcj6-dev | kaffe-dev | libsablevm1-dev,
>       gcj | java-compiler,
>       fastjar | kaffe,
>       [...]
>
> There is a conflict between gcj and libgcj6-dev in unstable.  Could you
> please indicate me the correct way of setting the Build-Depends line?
>
> An aside note: I looked at the Debian Java Policy (in package java-common),
> but could not find an answer to my question.  Is there another place to look
> at?

Please Build-Depends just on "gcj, fastjar" or more simple just
"java-gcj-compat-dev" and use JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/java-gcj. That is ALL you need.
Build-Depending on several runtimes can cause some problems.
BTW: java-gcj-compat-dev will be default java environment for building
packages soon.

Cheers,
Michael