Re: Java and Ghostscript

Michael Koch wrote:
> [...]

Carlos do you have a testcase that I could use to try to
reproduce this problem?

> Then mail to SUN and pray for an answer. This is a closed source Java
> runtime. We cant fix it ourself. Sorry.

It's certainly possible that this is a bug in Sun's Java... You could
check the bug database to see if you find a match [1].

As Carlos reported that this is fixed with a new version of
gs then I suspect the bug has more to do with expected
services of the Java runtime (provided by gs 8.5) than
bug within the runtime.

As an FYI anyone that installs the sun-java5-source package
will have the file "src.zip" which includes the source code
to Java SE 5.0.  Many people do not realize that the source
code for Java SE 6 (code named Mustang) is already available on
the web [2].  Sun welcomes and has taken many contributions
for fixes for Mustang [3].  In addition Sun has expressed
the intent to open source Java [4].

HTH,

--Tom

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/index.jsp