Re: Java 1 and 2

> > There was a recent message about Java 1 versus 2 runtimes in Provides
> > (if I remember correctly). I've brought this up before, suggesting that
> > those two be combined. Is there any reason not to combine the
> > java-runtime and java-compiler virtual packages? If not I suggest that
> > we proceed to do so.
>
> I have to write a proposal to amend the Debian Java Policy to use
> java-runtime and java-compiler like virtual package for free and
> non-free... I'll try to have more time soon but I'm not sure.

Well, if there is consensus that the 1 and 2 can be removed from the
java-runtime and java-compiler virtual packages, then we should get them
changed in the list of official packages, and then open the appropriate
bug reports to migrate current packages to the new naming scheme.

Charles

--
If your peach
Keeps out