Re: Trying to build jonas deb package

Wolfgang Baer writes:
 > Hi Praveen,
 >
 > ê­ðõ ã­ Ï (Praveen A) wrote:
 > > 2006/1/20, ê­ðõ ã­ Ï (Praveen A) <pravi.a@gmail.com>:
 > >
 > >>Hi,
 > >>
 > >>  I' m trying to figure out how to build jonas for debian. I am a newbie
 > >>to debian packaging. If anyone alse is working on the same thing it would
 > >>great to work together.
 >
 > I think currently nobody is packaging jonas.
 >
 > > First results while trying to build
 > >
 > > pravi@icon113:~/jonas$ ant install
 > > Buildfile: build.xml
 >
 > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 > >     [javac] The type javax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectDelegate cannot be
 > > resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
 > >     [javac] ----------
 > >     [javac] 1 problem (1 error)
 >
 > kaffe is currently the only VM with the corba rmi stuff. So you should try
 > to compile with kaffe. Or patch the use of corba out in the build system.
 > May be a non-trivial task - depends on the quality of the build file :-)
 >
 > > Note: I had to install java-gcj-compat-dev for jonas to recognise javac
 >
 > Sure, java-gcj-compat-dev is a JDK like environment, java-gcj-compat the JRE.
 > kaffe only provides a full JDK like environment.

On Fedora systems, javax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectDelegate is
provided by the jonathan-rmi package.  This is a tiny package that
provides these few classes:

javax/rmi/CORBA/ClassDesc.class
javax/rmi/CORBA/PortableRemoteObjectDelegate.class
javax/rmi/CORBA/Stub.class
javax/rmi/CORBA/StubDelegate.class
javax/rmi/CORBA/Tie.class
javax/rmi/CORBA/Util.class