Re: Working on tomcat 5.5.x

Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Hi Arnaud,

Yo Wolfgang!

> Arnaud Vandyck wrote:
>>I'm (slowly) working on Tomcat5.5.x branch for Debian.
>
> I already started long time ago ...

;-)

> Have you already worked on it ? Otherwise you can get
> my results so far. I have ported the patches ...

Excellent!

1° I did not work on it at the moment, I just build the original tarball
but maybe it's not a good one. If you think you have a better original
tarball, can you send it to me in private, I'll upload it to the
people.d.o/~avdyk website.

2° I committed the files from the old tomcat5.0 serie so now, there is a
branch to work on tomcat5.5 serie. Can you check the branch out and
update it with your work and then commit your work?

3° I only did try to biuld tomcat yesterday after a whole day of work, I
wanted to relax after preparing the course of today: EJB! ;-)

> Apart from that the following has to be done:
>
> Add mx4j remote/tools stuff
> - Done by me on my local disk as dependend on kaffe CVS
>   Will be uploaded with kaffe 1.1.7 packages

Thanks.

> Create a special binary package which contains the
> modified sources extracted from tomcat 5.5

I don't understand this point.

> CVS with collections3.1, dbpc and pool classes.
> - Still to be done

I don't understand this point neither :(

> That should be all to get it to compile with
> free tools,

Thanks for your work ;-)

- --
  .''`.