Re: One simple question about Eclipse

"Nikita Salnikov-Tarnovski" <nikem@nikem.net> wrote in message [🔎] 20051106112225.GC2946@nikem.net">news:[🔎] 20051106112225.GC2946@nikem.net...
Hi.

Just one question: why package eclipse-base depends on gij-4.0 and not
java-runtime ?

Nikem.

I would like to know that. I thought I was assured that java-runtime would be used so that I did not need to download a free JVM. I use the sun JVM because I need to work with programs that use (abuse?) the latest java features. I see no reason to have both Sun's and a free JVM.

Also: should eclipse-platform provide ant? Since it appears to be included in the form of a plugin it would be nice to have eclipse-platform include any files needed so that the included ant can be used as the main ant of the system. As it is currently, installing eclipse-sdk will pull in 'ant-optional' which requires 'ant' (a versioned dependecy unfortunately). Eclipse-sdk also pulls in 'libtomcat-java' which requires 'ant'.