Re: ant VS make

Daniele Menozzi wrote:
> Hi all, I've always used make for my java projects, but recently I tried
> ant. It seems interesting, but it has a huge drawback: it is really slower
> than make.
> So theese are my questions: do ant give me some important advantages that
> make doesn't? What tool do you use?

ant is pretty standardized around Java stuff - it has standard tasks for
a lot of things.  Frankly though, I'm not terribly impressed - all that
XML seems to just get in my way, and of course, it is much slower than make.

I guess the advantage of ant is that all you need is java to make it
run,whereas if other people need to rebuild your code, perhaps they
won't have 'make' installed...

Saluti,
--
David N. Welton