Re: [Fwd: Re: libbsf-java]

Hi Dalibor,

Dalibor Topic <robilad <at> kaffe.org> writes:

> Kaffe uses its own sysdepCallMethod code but can also use libffi as an
> additional option. See config/$arch/sysdepCallMethod.h for details. See
> config/sysdepCallMethod-ffi.h for the wrapper for ffi. Feel free to merge it
> into JamVM, if you think it's useful.

I'll definately have a look at it.  Thanks for the pointer.  Have you done any
benchmarks to see if there's any difference in method invocation speed?  It's
certainly a good way to get a port up and running fast.

> My personal plan is to merge in libffi into Kaffe as well, and use it as a
> default on Linux at least, and then to gradually switch to it for other
> platforms.

To clarify, you mean to put libffi itself into kaffe, i.e. not use it as a
separate library?  I'm probably completely wrong, but I had heard something
about libffi being part of gcc, and hard to find/install as a separate entity,
i.e. on an embedded system.  Is this why you'd merge it into kaffe?

Thanks,

Rob.