Re: Experimenting with building libxalan2-java with free vm's

Dalibor Topic wrote:
Wolfgang Baer <WBaer <at> gmx.de> writes:

Hi all,

Therefore the first question:

Are any of the free vm's capable of using the -Djava.endorsed.dirs
feature to overwrite the interfaces ?

Not yet, afaik. Gcjers are working on it, I plan to follow what they do, but
haven't been following the discussion and implementation that closely :)

Yes, I read a bit of this thread - but I think that was (only) for some
packages. As I remember the w3c package (the problem for xalan2) was
one of the packages mentioned.

As I didn't succeded with this try I moved on to jamvm - it seems
that there I can override runtime classes by positioning them before
/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip in the classpath.

You can do that with Kaffe, as well, afaik, using the -Xbootclasspath/p option.

which is a measily workaround, I know, I know :(

Better a workaround than nothing :-) I will try it.

BTW - these options are not mentioned in the manpage - only with
kaffe --help. I just searched for them . I will update the manpage in
the next days and post it to the kaffe list.

Thanks,

Wolfgang