Re: libbsf-java

Wolfgang Baer <WBaer <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hi Robert,
>
> That is just because of the debian policy which states that a package
> must be buildable from source on all debian arches. As jamvm is
> currently not available on all arches the consequence is that if
> I use jamvm for BUILDING my package on i386 and a user / other developer
> tries to build it from source on arches without jamvm it will fail and
> therefore we get a release critical bug for it.

Yes, I understand this.  I'd like to apologise to the list for my rant.  If the
proposals to cut the number of supported architectures goes through it'll be
possible to support everything soon.  I believe the list is powerpc, AMD64,
i386 and IA64 (this one could be difficult, any open access machines?).

Thanks,

Rob.