Re: libbsf-java

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 08:36:17AM +0100, Wolfgang Baer wrote:
> Michael Koch wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >Who works on libbsf-java. The MovingToMain page [1] says it has an issue
> >with using the class sun.tools.javac.Main. Can we use the fix from
> >upstream CVS and add it as patch to this package?
> >When this issue is solved libxalan2-java nad libbsf-java can ve uploaded
> >to main. bcel is already uploaded but stuck in the NEW queue.
>
> I am :-)
>
> Well with the new apache cvs package (it was a must as otherwise it
> would not work with the rhino package) they got rid of the sun internal
> classes usage and always compile through a Process object.
>
> It is already in unstable and build with free tools (jamvm).

Please don't use jamvm in general. It's only available on i386, powerpc
and arm. It's not ported yet to other archs and Porting to 64-bit archs
is hard due to the 32-bit ugliness in the upstream code.

Better choices are gij, kaffe or sablevm.

Michael
--
Java Trap: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/java-trap.html