Re: Re: Eclipse 3.1-7 debs uploaded

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 09:48:02PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>     Unpacking libswt3.1-gtk-java (from
libswt3.1-gtk-java_3.1-9_all.deb) ...
>     dpkg: error processing libswt3.1-gtk-java_3.1-9_all.deb (--install):
>      trying to overwrite `/usr/share/java/swt-gtk-3.1.jar', which is also in package libswt-gtk-3.1-java

> But who's supposed to be building these packages anyway -- you or
> Shaun?  And why the very subtle difference in name: libswt3.1-gtk-java
> (Michael) versus libswt-gtk-3.1-java (Shaun)?

In replay you said it is possible the same package be build from 2 source,
but I guess there should be a virtual package that both packages provide
and other package depends on, right?

(libswingwt-java depends on libswt-gtk-3.1-java for example)

... right, but still not very useful, eclipse could just depend
(and build-depends) on libswt-gtk-3.1-java and build script just
rm -rf or something cleaner (do not build at all).

In other way if eclipse depends exactly to the same version,
libswt-gtk-3.1-java could be removed (in the near future).

Why all this problems? because there was a previous threads about
do not stress automatic build system and Debian resources ..

Anyway thanks for packaging eclipse 3.1, I missed the release and I had
build (some days ago) eclipse 3.0.2 with the same script from Jerry, not very
clean, but it compiles cleanly and works .. (I think this is just FYI: gcj, and
java-gcj-compat and others .. your are walking in the right way)

Ciao,
Daniele.
ps.: gcjappletviewer now does not work any more and give:
** ERROR **: file ../../../src/libjava/jni/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GtkImage.c: line 572 (createRawData): assertion failed: (data_fid != 0)
aborting...
finally an assert error and line number! ;)

--
___
Daniele Cruciani