what is wrong with this tomcat-users.xml?

Hello, I still have this strange Problem with my Debian Tomcat installation:
I make some entrys in my tomcat-users.xml:
[code]
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <role rolename="manager"/>
  <role rolename="admin"/>
  <user username="Adminstrator" password="blablabla" roles="manager,admin"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
</tomcat-users>
[/code]

And get this as result on my browser:
[quote]
HTTP Status 404 - /admin/j_security_check

type Status report

message /admin/j_security_check

description The requested resource (/admin/j_security_check) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/4.1
[/quote]

But I installed all the debian tomcat packages, including the tomcat4-admin
package. Is the Debian-Tomcat packages not recommendet at the moment?
Should I install the packages from the catalina-homepage?

Gruss Christian

--
Christian Stalp
Institut für Medizinische Biometrie, Epidemiologie und Informatik