Re: Experimenting with building libxalan2-java with free vm's

Wolfgang Baer <WBaer <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Therefore the first question:
>
> Are any of the free vm's capable of using the -Djava.endorsed.dirs
> feature to overwrite the interfaces ?

Not yet, afaik. Gcjers are working on it, I plan to follow what they do, but
haven't been following the discussion and implementation that closely :)

> As I didn't succeded with this try I moved on to jamvm - it seems
> that there I can override runtime classes by positioning them before
> /usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip in the classpath.

You can do that with Kaffe, as well, afaik, using the -Xbootclasspath/p option.

which is a measily workaround, I know, I know :(

cheers,
dalibor topic