Installation of Application Server

Hello,

We are a company called MMP Software pvt ltd., located at Bangalore- India.
We are able to install the Debian Linux successfully on one of our systems.
Now we are trying to install the softwares required for development of
projects in our company.

We need to install the Sun Application Server version 8.0 Platform Edition.
We have download the installable required for installation on linux system.
The bundle downloaded is j2eesdk-1_4_01-linux.bin.

We have logged in as super(root) user.The installation guide says that to
install we need to go to the installation directory using command prompt and
change the file permissions, so that it is executable. We have done that.
The says that we need to type in the bundle name at the command prompt, if
it uses a Graphical interface for installation / bundle nam e- console for
if command-line interface is used.

We tried the following:
Step 1:
root/download_directory> chmod +x j2eesdk-1_4_01-linux.bin

Step 2:
root/download_directory> j2eesdk-1_4_01-linux.bin

or
Step 2:
root/download_directory> j2eesdk-1_4_01-linux.bin -console

But none are working. Getting a message: command not found.

We are clueless as to what interface (Graphical or command-line) is used by
the bundle for installation.

One more thing we would like to know is can we install the appserver on
Debian linux.
The page : http://wwws.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr_pe/index.html says

System Requirements
Supported:

Solaris 9 and 8 Operating Systems (SPARC Platform Edition)
Solaris 9 Operating System (x86 Platform Edition)
Java Desktop System
Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, and Server 2003
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 and 3.0

We will be very thankful for any help on this.
Regards
Madhavi Gopinath