Re: bug #264247 unreproducible

Nicolas Duboc <nduboc@debian.org> writes:

>   Hi Debian Java developers !

Hi Nicolas,

You got a new email address? Congratulation and welcome ;-)

>  A FTBFS bug has been submitted on my libxp-java package this week-end:
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=264247
>
>  I don't understand why kaffe complains about this source code.
> I can't reproduce this behavior on my system (never with kaffe, jikes or
> Sun JDK)
>
>  Any idea ?

You should not build with 'javac' because it's an alternative and you
never know what is 'behind' this symlink. Something like
$(JAVA_HOME)/bin/javac is a better alternative.

In the Makefile of libxp-java, JAVAC is define with an '='. I'm not a
'make' guru, but maybe it it was define with ':=', you could override
the JAVAC value in your debian/rules

Hope this helps.

By the way, I could build the package with 'pbuilder', so maybe you can
change the severity of the bug to wishlist and retitle 'Don't depend on
javac to build the package' (of course it's the same thing with JAR
;-)).

  .''`.
 : :' :rnaud
 `. `'