Re: [gentoo-java] Re: Java Linux common packaging

Le lun, 29/03/2004 à 16:11 +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg a écrit :

> I'm more wary of adding another dependency to the base system to allow
> Java to work, though. However, I guess both perl and python come with
> suitable xml libraries in their default installations on all distros, so
> maybe it's not such a big deal, and all distros come with these as part
> of their base system (=minimal installation).

Right now I'm focusing on a reference implementation I can play with. It
happens to be in XSLT/XML, but I suppose one could rewrite it in shell
when it's done and the behaviour is well defined. Personally I'd rather
write xpath queries that obviously do exactly what we want than checking
that a shell implementation won't break on a misplaced space, space/tab
replacement or UTF-8 string.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot