Re: What is the ant-launcher.jar?

Well, we got ant, ant1.5 and ant1.6 and maybe the plugins could exist
for the three different ant...

What is the rationale for /usr/share/ant1.X/lib ? Is it designed for plugins that would only work with a certain version of ant?

what happens if you don't have ant1.6 but
already have a lot of plugins, and then you install ant1.6? You won't
have the symlinks for ant1.6.

I think both 1.5 and 1.6 will pick up the jars from usr/share/ant/lib, right?

But anyway, the same question is valid if you don't depend on ant, and install a package that installs a plugin, then install ant. I think the plugin should create the symlink even if ant it not installed (yet). So if ant is installed at a later date, the plugin is recognized. (I believe this is also the way emacs modes are handled).

Daniel