Re: java in main for jboss/ofbiz

On 10 Mar 2004, Joe Phillips wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 11:39, elijah wright wrote:
> >
> > i'm pretty sure someone already built jboss packages - i seem to have an
> > apt-get source for them already, at least....
>
> I packaged an old version of jboss (3.0.2 or something)[1] and had
> intentions of doing 3.1+.  I found it quite a bit of work to do the
> packaging alone and deal with all the dependencies embedded within the
> upstream.  Maybe a more experienced maintainer will find it easier?
>
> As Adam pointed out, I perceive upstream as unfriendly.  If that's the
> case, it makes it that much more difficult to continue packaging.
>
> I would be willing to help co-maintain a jboss package if we can work
> something out.

Well, I've got a very nice infrastructure in ofbiz for doing these jar
depends.  It makes use of a custom java-shlibdeps and jar.shlibs file, to
automatically look for java symlinks, and automatically add java depends to
debs.

Also, all the components(24) in ofbiz are automatically split into separate
debs.  I've only worked on the debian side of ofbiz since sunday, and it's
come along quite a bit.

Plus, upstream has been very receptive to all the patches I've sent.