Re: Co-maintaining Kaffe

Ean Schuessler wrote:

That said, I must protest whole-heartedly with the way you are dealing with me as the maintainer of Kaffe. Performing an NMU that adds yourself as an Uploader and uses a non-NMU version number is gross breach of protocol.

I have talked to Arnaud about the Kaffe package at FOSDEM and it was in fact me who suggested to do an upload this way. We all read your mail were you stated that Arnaud and Ben would be good co-maintainers and after he told me that you did not respond since that mail (it's been over 5 weeks at the FOSDEM weekend) adding himself to Uploaders: is IMHO the natural way to proceed.

I'm standing fully behind Arnaud in this case. If you don't accept any co-maintainers for Kaffe (and let them do their work if you don't have time yourself) I will stop making my Java packages in main build-depend on it because I simply need redular updates and don't want to wait a couple of months for trivial bug fixes like it has happened witf Kaffe 1.0.7. I also had the impresseion that some Kaffe upstream developers at FOSDEM are more happy with Arnaud as maintainer of the Debian Kaffe package.

Again, I deeply appreciate your work but I admonish you to follow procedure or I will take this up with Project leadership.

I really doubt that you appreciate Arnaud's work. Why did you send this mail if you did? You sould have sent a "Thanks for your work" mail instead.

Arnaud, thanks a lot for your work on Kaffe (and of course your other Java packages)!

Stefan