Re: Packaging a Java-App

Well, ok. I've done a little studying and found this one especially
useful, besides your hello world example (you should put this somewhere
on a website):

http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/

I also borrowed a lot of stuff from pkg-java.alioth.debian.org as
templates :-) Finally I have put together two debs, a library and the
application. I would have put these two together in one deb, but found
this difficult, because the hypertree library and my app are in two
separate source trees. So we have two debs:

http://ontographics.com/source/download.shtml

This was pretty easy in the end, and they work fine for me. They are not
much optimized, e.g. they blatantly depend on j2sdk1.4 although probably
j2re > 1.2 would do, at least for the lib. But this is a start.

I think I will now go on and try to make this work with free java tools,
probably with an SWT GUI.

Is there a chance that Ontographics can go into Debian, at least in
contrib? If so, what's left to do for me?

Cheers, Roman